Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've Become One of "Them"



No sooner do I write about the night shift than I become one of them myself.


Last night I joined the survey team working on a section of the Jubilee Line between our home station at North Greenwich, and Canary Wharf.


Going to work at midnight was odd, repelling the advances of several drunk not-so-young women seeking lifts in the van outside the Dome after the Led Zeppelin reunion gig was even odder (is it the macho hardhat image and the high vis jackets we have to wear?!?).

Not so odd yet utterly amazing is the engineering of the tunnels themselves, and the ridiculous lengths we walked - NG to CW looks like a few hundred yards, in fact it's over two miles there and back.


Sorry the photograph turned out so rubbish - hopefully dawn over London from Greenwich Park Observatory taken on my walk home this morning compensates somewhat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home