Monday, June 30, 2014

The Best Week-End of the Summer is Over

This was a great week-end as it marks the highpoint of summer for me.

The reason? Wimbledon and Glastonbury coincide, this year along with a World Cup, although the less said of England's results in that competition the better. 

Glastonbury is the only time of the year I seriously pay attention to music these days, and I always make a list of artists that have impressed me. This year the list was:

The Horrors

The Bombay Bicycle Club, although M and I were impressed with them back in 2012 when we saw them supporting Blur in Hyde Park.

Ellie Goulding who comes from near Kington, a village I know on the Herefordshire border.

Kasabian who headlined Glasto this year in the prestigious Sunday evening top-of-the-bill slot.


* Strangely enough the performances weren't bad in a couple of the matches.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home