Sunday, December 18, 2016

I was So Wrong!

I made three predictions this year:

1) Maria Sharapova would be banned from tennis for two and a half years for doping.

WRONG - She was banned for two years, which (scandalously) was reduced to 18 months on appeal.


2) Britain would narrowly vote to stay in the E.U


WRONG - Britain narrowly voted to leave the E.U with completely unpredictable consequences. Personally I think this will be an appalling mistake, whose full impact won't be apparent for several years. But then all my predictions have been wrong recently.


3) Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump in the US election.


WRONG - Trump won the election, although it's a small consolation to realise he actually lost the election by two million votes due to anomalies in the US elective system.


I've been blogging since 2004, but it's safe to say that 2016 has been the most historic and surprising year since this blog started. It really shook me up, and caused me to question some deeply held beliefs and attitudes. Perhaps I'll do another post about those next time.   

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home