Thursday, April 02, 2020

Slightly Sinister

Two days ago I walked into town to put a birthday cheque into the bank.

Walking in there were a few cars that passed me and a few pedestrians to dodge around (we're supposed to keep a distance of 2m from each other).

Once in the pedestrianised town centre things got slightly frightening. My footsteps echoed off the buildings around me and there wasn't anyone around at all. The bank looked closed, but was open for 'essential services only.' A nice guy let me in and stood a safe distance away while I pushed the cheque into the machine and took the receipt.

Walking back, footsteps echoing again, reminded me of the celebrated opening scenes of "28 Days Later" or "The Day of the Triffids" where a man wakes up in hospital and finds the centre of London deserted.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home