Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Living the Dream


Wish I had something to write about but the first few weeks after Christmas always seem empty.

Highlights of recent days:

  • I've won an E-Bay auction for a Nissan Micra Haynes manual.
  • In the Top Gear book of Crap Cars, the Nissan Micra is described as gay. This may well be true - the Micra is the only car I've owned that makes you feel ridiculous when you lock it up in the multi-story carpark. The idea that anyone, let alone a teenage joy rider would do more than glance at it with contempt is absurd.
  • The Internet has helped me to diagnose that the Micra's input shaft bearing is failing. I already knew that the headgasket is leaking. Replacement of both these items is going to be 'a right bastard,' to quote The Sweeny.
  • We managed to play some tennis last Friday.
  • I seem to be one of the few people in Britain who isn't on a diet.

Hope to have something to actually write about soon.

In the meantime, happy new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home