Friday, February 20, 2009

Degenerate

I'm currently 'at work' in the office...

My clothes were fresh-on approximately 29 hours ago.

Every now and again I fall asleep until a little jolt of vertigo wakes me up before my head hits the keyboard or (worst case scenario) the carpet.*

The cause? A good night's poker in a little tournament yesterday evening that went well into the small hours of the morning.

The result? 4th place out of 73 players, and nearly £300 better off than this time yesterday.

Wrinkles, stubble and tiredness be damned.


* A note for the C.B.I Thought Police. The use of the personal pronoun does not necessarily mean me, myself, the real I because fictional processes may have been at work. Furthermore, I am unaware of any such diminution of personal productivity caused by such a poker game, nor would I be disposed to discuss such a poker game, if in fact, such a poker game did in fact, exist.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob Wynne said...

Thanks for commenting on Traitor Joe Lieberman. He's the lowest form of protozoan slime. Does everyone in the UK also hate Rush Limbaugh?

5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home